Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
This position will support U.S., Canadian and European Classification and Duty Management activities to ensure compliance with U.S. and foreign customs laws and regulations.
1. Provide tactical leadership in the management of the Company’s Classification and Duty Management programs.
2. Accurately and efficiently qualify footwear and apparel for Free Trade Agreements and other special trade programs.
3. Maintain special trade program documentation and compliance according to trade law.
4. Accurately and efficiently assign WTO HS classifications to footwear and apparel.
5. Build and manage productive relationships with various government contacts and industry trade organizations.
6. Build and manage productive relationships with each brand’s leadership team by providing guidance on duty savings opportunities.
7. Build and maintain productive relationships with each sourcing group’s leadership team by providing guidance on favorable sourcing strategies related to, but not limited to, Free Trade Agreements globally.
8. Work with brands and sourcing to manage duty spend through duty engineering processes.
9. Coordinate inter-department initiatives with various teams, such as, but not limited to, the Logistics, Customs, FTZ, Global Security, Lab Services, Customer Service, Warehouse, IT, Indirect Procurement and Finance teams.
10. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of Classification.
11. Follow existing Classification procedures to accurately qualify and classify products.
12. Act as a subject matter expert for the qualification and classification of Wolverine products.
13. Onboard and train new Classification employees.
14. Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
15. Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management.
• 2-5 years of experience in Trade Compliance.
• Knowledge of classifying under U.S., Canadian and EU HS schemes.
• Knowledge of qualifying under Free Trade Agreements especially CAFTA and NAFTA.
• Six Sigma or Lean Training with a high emphasis on continuous improvement, process and operational health metrics.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Office, Excel, Access, SharePoint).
• Knowledge of SAP, ABI, Integration Point and GT Nexus.
• Interpersonal skills for working with various levels of management.
• Proactive in recognizing and adjusting to shifting priorities.
• Ability to complete assignments accurately and within specified time frames, with minimal supervision and direction.
• Some travel required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).