Contract Account Manager
RG Barry Brands, one of North America’s leading developers and marketers of accessories products that provide fashion and function for a great life is seeking a Contract Account Manager to join our Dearfoams brand’s sales team. This role will be for the Western United States Territory. There is a preference for the role to be based in Los Angeles, San Francisco or Seattle.
It’s the feeling you love. Comfort you can count on. The moment you look forward to. It’s coming home—and it’s the inspiration behind everything we do at Dearfoams. Our story starts in 1947 with our founder, Florence Zacks Melton. Being an Ohio native, she knew something about cold winters and knew the slipper she dreamed up had to be warm and cozy. But she didn’t stop there: she went on to invent a whole new kind of cushion, made with foam to keep feet feeling better, longer—lasting love for your soles. That love lasts to this day. Dearfoams is a little company that cares a lot about comfort and pours its heart into our products. Our small group of talented designers are dedicated to making uncompromisingly comfortable products you love to wear. So, wherever you put on a pair of our slippers and whenever you feel like coming home, Dearfoams is there for you.
In this role, working from your home office based in your assigned region, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic sales and supporting co-op marketing plans within the assigned trade channels. You will be directly responsible for the profitable attainment of the annual operating plan, including top line sales growth, forecasting, relationship building, and ongoing program maintenance. The position is contract hire and 100% commission based.
Your specific duties will include:
- Securing, cultivating and maintaining credible and trusting partnerships with assigned accounts and targeted prospects.
- Building relationships at all levels of management and acting as the key conduit between Company and accounts. Effectively communicating topical issues to senior management as needed.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive strategies to maximize sales and profit growth in assigned accounts including the effective sell-in of both seasonal and annual merchandising programs.
- Effectively managing the P&L for each account.
- Providing monthly forecast on both annual and seasonal programs, monitoring retail stock levels and sell through, (as appropriate and as available.)
- Collaborating with the sales leadership team and marketing manager to define overall sales and marketing strategies as it relates to the trade channel(s) and ensuring appropriate resources are available and focused to support selling objectives.
- Relaying feedback on product assortment, account needs, cross-category promotional and marketing opportunities and account-specific shopper marketing insights, based on account knowledge and competitive challenges to brand team.
- Maintaining pricing and promotional activity consistency across customers within channels by partnering with support team responsible for MAP Auditing.
- Collaborating with marketing manager to develop and implement campaigns to support sell through at retail partners.
- Coordinating with customer service on any type of issue related to orders such as shipments, order confirmations, invoices, delivery dates, etc. Coordinating with finance on credit issues.
- Monitoring and managing all account’s reporting systems to ensure correct product, inventory, assets, etc. are in place.
- Providing summary sell through reports to management team.
The position requires:
- A minimum of 8 years of selling experience in consumer products to specialty retailers and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Extensive experience managing specialty/independent retailers demonstrating history of growth with accounts a must.
- Experience in soft lines, accessories, or apparel or other seasonally trend oriented product a plus. Footwear experience preferred.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills a must – able to communicate openly and honesty with all levels.
- Must be very analytical with the ability to interpret data and develop recommendations based on information and expertise. Must have strong comfort level with Excel and database management.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong attention to delivering and maintaining consistent on-strategy content and programs.
- Ability to “work through others” leading and encouraging them to achieve desired results.
- Must have an assertive and pro-active style with a sense of urgency. An ability to work well on your own – a high level of initiative – as well as be part of sales and cross-functional teams is required. Strong problem solving ability is also required.
- Must have a desire to win, to grow the Company’s business, and to think strategically and analytically.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across teams to achieve desired results, and consistently follow through on accountabilities and get the right things done.
- Must be flexible with evolving and growing business environment and the possibility of adding additional sales and online marketing responsibilities.
- We value and measure leadership attributes including: a strong character; the ability to act with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity while maintaining a positive attitude, encouraging others, listening respectfully, being dependable, sharing successes and failures, communicating openly and honestly and providing solutions.
For consideration, please submit your resume with salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer