As member of the Wholesale leadership team; the Director of Sales participates and has input into the larger Wholesale financial plan and Brand Plan and drives the brands strategic plan in the region. Actively participates in projects and carries out duties, as assigned, to benefit the individual, the Brand or the Company as a whole.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with all stakeholders to define and agree upon the fiscal plan and budget, associated margins, account development and range plans.
- Decision-maker for all sales solicitation activities within the market with oversight from Sales Leadership.
- Develops & Executes GTM strategy for channel to achieve sales plan.
- Owns leadership and development of the sales teams under his/her supervision.
- Ensures ongoing profitability of customer/company relationships by maintaining direct contact with senior industry and retail executives.
- Manages existing and delivers new strategic accounts, working within business guidelines and direction from Sales Leadership. Provides special direction with regard to all key and Internet only accounts working with Ecommerce team.
- Establishes a best in class team of people embracing the Deckers ethos and mirroring the Deckers culture.
- Facilitates timely RS sales participation in the product review process to ensure all primary product needs and opportunities are being addressed and communicates with Sales Leadership.
Sales Strategy (or Distribution Strategy and Solicitation of Sales)
- Drives the delivery of account profit, sales and margin targets/plans.
- Defines and leads the order solicitation activities for growing market share through these accounts.
- Understands each key accounts objectives, go to market strategies, competitor and consumer targets and communicates effectively throughout the Omni and Brand teams.
- Coordinates Company cross functional teams towards exceeding each key accounts expectations (Retail Marketing, Product Line Managers, Customer Experience, and Leadership).
- Coordinate meetings and method for Key Account managers to provide seasonal product forecasts and monthly updates to the Planning Department.
- Ensures that opportunities for new business are identified and capitalized on.
- Ensures a strong overall distribution strategy by creating an effective approach for all accounts within the channel.
Sales Operations, Marketing and Forecasting
- Ability to work cross functionally with colleagues in sales operations, CE, Credit, distribution and marketing to create a full business and marketing plan
- Provides weekly summary updates to Sales Leadership on bookings, sell through, pending cancellations, obstacles, issues and opportunities.
- Timely communication of market and competitor products, programs and services in a timely manner to ensure Brand is operating at a competitive level within each account.
- Ensures continued relationships with key existing partners/accounts are maintained and further developed, working with the relevant business owner to manage the strategy, sales targets and goals.
- Provides detailed and regular product feedback to ensure product requirements are met.
- Works with the forecasting and inventory and FP&A teams to ensure accurate forecasts are created and that the sales team is working towards the plan.
- Conducts regular meetings with key customers to ensure that we are delivering our agreed strategy and receiving regular feedback on product/marketing/service.
- Makes appropriate decisions as a result of sales analysis.
- Leads and develops, and aligns sales team to ensure annual and seasonal business strategy is executed, and financial targets are met.
- Acts as a positive influence on the overall running of the business through personal credibility, sound judgement and first class team working and communication skills.
- Conducts regular team meetings to ensure strategy is achieved and team are being developed and driven to succeed.
- Owns Run Specialty breakouts within seasonal Brand Conference
- Ensures development of the team and assigning performance and individual goals for development.
- Provides coaching, direction, development, while empowering direct reports.
- Ensures workflow and processes are to maximum efficiency for business necessity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- 10 year’s management experience in footwear, fashion or sports industry, with at least 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing high growth brand, within competitive market.
- Experience of working in complex global organizations. Ability to influence colleagues at all levels and across different functions within the business; experience of working within a matrix structure would be ideal.
- Cultural understanding of the Brand.
- Strategic mind-set, with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to lead and develop a high performing team.
- Experience of working with margins and profitability.
- Evidence of growing a brand/brands and new business development.
- Strong knowledge and experience within footwear, apparel, or outdoor industry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven track record of success; a rounded business manager, demonstrated success in opening new channels of distribution, new accounts etc.
- Knowledge in current & future trends and technology with the ability to guide and direct people and business.
- Demonstrable success in wholesale sales management.
- Ability to use independent judgment in performing all duties of the position.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels of the organization.
- Establishes plans & objectives, clearly delegates tasks. Develops, manages and trains direct reports.
- Highest degree of integrity with the ability to handle confidential and sometimes highly sensitive matters in the appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- “Out of the box” thinker, applies and fosters innovation.
- Strong and effective business management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Innovative manager with people and processes; excellent team-building, project management and organizational skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Professional demeanour and presentation.
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge and passion for the brand.
- Strategic yet “Hands on”, “High Touch” management style.
- Ability to travel as required on sometimes short notice and to work flexible hours as business needs