Swenco Limited is looking to take full advantage of our current growth and are actively looking for seasoned Sales Agents throughout North America. If you know of someone who would be interested, please forward them the below job posting:
The Sales Agent – Industrial Safety / Ergonomics primary goal is to organically generate sales by nurturing existing customer relationships and prospecting for new customers. They will provide world class account management, acting as a liaison between the company and a group of customers. They should have proven strategic sales strategies, with a proven track record of success prospecting, penetrating, managing and closing customers. Working as part of a collaborative team they will drive sales by focusing on acquisition, development, retention and management of strategic clients in designated territories.
They will become an expert of the entire Steel-Flex portfolio of products and services. They can competently differentiate the solutions for the customer, as well as differentiate the solution from the competitors.
- Has a clear understanding of the local sales strategy, current customers, trends, and industry developments in their geographic market.
- Identifies and classifies account opportunities and potential by establishing call priorities and frequencies.
- Develops and implements account penetration plans and strategies to include regular account business reviews for key customers – Aggressively follows up on leads to convert to sales.
- Communicates regularly with head office team in order to resolve customer issues – Acts as a liaison between customers and various departments such as Credit, Shipping, Inside Sales, or other Swenco divisions.
- Keeps customers updated about developments and events within the organization (e.g. new/discontinuing products, increases or decreases in costs, etc.).
- Functions effectively under pressure, maintaining patience and flexibility.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- 5-7 years of experience in industrial safety / Ergonomics sales or in a related field.
- Completion of post-secondary education, with a major in Business Administration or Marketing preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of National Health & Safety Standards, applicable product groups, and customer processes and applications.
- Proven sales effectiveness and demonstrated customer interfacing skills.
- Currently representing a safety footwear line or non-competing PPE line