The Consolidated Shoe Company sales representative is constantly thinking about how to provide outstanding customer support by selling to and managing independent and major shoe retailer accounts with the goal of increasing total volume and overall product distribution. The sales representative will:
- Assist in representing the company in the marketplace within assigned territory to manage and service customer relationships and increase product sales.
- Develop selling plans to achieve defined sales goals including strategies to generate and increase new business (customer targets, visits, expected sales levels and associated budget to achieve targets).
- Prospect, qualify and develop new retail business relationships.
- Attend and represent the brand at industry trade shows, regional shows, retailer events and sales meetings.
- Demonstrate and present the line utilizing trend presentations and explaining product features and benefits.
- Act in a consultative selling capacity by recommending styles to the customer and by providing the customer with relevant trend and market information.
- Communicate effectively with other members of the sales team, and the product development team challenges, successes and needs associated with new business generation.
- Enhance visual presentation and merchandising of the brand by ensuring that the products are appropriately exhibited and by coordinating with home office to provide retail outlets with advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Create timely reports on selling efforts including customer contact, new business generation, market size, and competitive landscape.
- Demonstrate accountability for achieving and exceeding sales targets within a given travel budget.
- Uphold company policies and procedures and perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrated passion for women’s fashion with a desire to sell to customers in a consultative role.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the designated territory and out-of-state trade shows and sales meetings.
- Strong servant leadership and customer service mentality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical capability and attention to detail.
- Proactive self-starter that manages customer relationships and follows-up accordingly.
- Continuous improvement mindset with particular strength in solving problems in innovative ways.
- Adept at working and thriving in teams.
- Proficient in use of computers and software (Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, CRM Software, etc.)