May 21, 2019
IT BEGAN WITH A FLIP-FLOP. But not just any flip-flop. A sandal that revolutionized the industry, bringing biomechanical support to a quintessential summer staple. From these humble beginnings in Australia to the bustling San Francisco Bay Area, Vionic has grown from a fledgling business to a global footwear brand. We’re bringing together style and science and reimagining the look of supportive footwear.
Vionic has been named a 2018 Gallup Great Workplace Award Winner, and is the only company recognized in the fashion and retail sector. Vionic is one of just 39 companies globally to receive the prestigious award, which celebrates companies that achieve exceptional performance by creating a culture of high-reaching employee engagement. Gallup has rated Vionic among the top 2% of all companies based on “Employee Engagement” exceeding the national average by 65 percentage points. We are also officially certified and recognized as a Marin/Bay Area/California Green Business.
In a Nutshell
Do you think like a marketer, but act like an editor? We are looking for a copy guru to join our Creative Team and lead the development of relevant copy and content for the Vionic brand globally. The Copywriter will help create the brand’s voice/tone, providing rich content that is compelling to targets and relevant across channels globally.
What You’ll Love to Do:
- Write content/copy for on-/off-line projects, ranging from product catalog to email newsletters, collateral and training materials. Develop content that meets the goals, needs and targets each season.
- Work to project briefs, aligning with Creative team for projects requiring creative assets. Write copy and scripts as needed for these projects.
- Attend appropriate Product Line Reviews to understand upcoming product launches and help develop relevant marketing plans for sell-in/-through.
- Passionately pursue a compelling, consistent and accurate brand voice. Seek answers to unresolved questions. Anticipate questions from audiences before they arise. Pursue SME (subject matter experts) where needed to provide answers (including Legal, Biomechanics, Product, etc.).
- Awareness of retail/fashion and footwear trends; an appreciation for market, geographic and other influences that impact target audiences’ needs.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Minimum 5 years working with consumer-facing brands, preferably working in the Fashion/Apparel space.
- Strong creative and fact-based writing skills, with a passion for accuracy.
- Proven success in working across diverse cultures and geographies.
- A passion for making things happen and seeing the results. Ability to prioritize efforts and resources to achieve the best business results for company and partners.
- Ability to think strategically and manage through to the details. Proven success in managing multiple projects across varied timelines.
- Prefer experience working within project management system (e.g., Basecamp) and shared communication tools (e.g., Evernote, Honey).
How We Take Care of our People:
With over 150 employees worldwide, Vionic offers a number of programs to support employees both within and outside the workplace. Instilling wellness as a company priority, Vionic covers 100% of the cost of each full-time employee’s premium, provides 100% paid LTD, AD&D and Life, sponsors quarterly wellness events, and a fitness reimbursement program. Vionic also offers a generous amount of PTO, shared premiums for dental and vision, and a 401K retirement plan with employer match. Employee perks include fresh organic snacks and juices, free shoes each season, company-wide subsidized meals and celebrations abound, including Australia Day! And of course, you will receive a seriously deep discount on our products because you will want more!Vionic Group LLC2019-07-05San Rafael CA 94903 4040 Civic Center Dr,