January 7, 2019
IT BEGAN WITH A FLIP-FLOP. But not just any flip-flop. A sandal that revolutionized the industry, bringing biomechanical support to a quintessential summer staple. From these humble beginnings in Australia to the bustling San Francisco Bay Area, Vionic has grown from a fledgling business to a global footwear brand. We’re bringing together style and science and reimagining the look of supportive footwear.
Vionic has been named a 2018 Gallup Great Workplace Award Winner, and is the only company recognized in the fashion and retail sector. Vionic is one of just 39 companies globally to receive the prestigious award, which celebrates companies that achieve exceptional performance by creating a culture of high-reaching employee engagement. Gallup has rated Vionic among the top 2% of all companies based on “Employee Engagement” exceeding the national average by 65 percentage points. We are also officially certified and recognized as a Marin/Bay Area/California Green Business.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Product Line Manager manages the Men’s & Sport product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles. Working hand in hand with PLM counterparts, the Product Line Manager ensures that the storytelling and consistency remains throughout the entire product line. Crucial to the role will be participation in overall product strategy, research and development requirements and analysis of market research, introducing newness and freshness with in their range focusing on commercial product that is built to keep our raving fans happy as well as the opportunity to bring new fans to the brand.
About What You’ll Do
- Manage and develop a category product line. Responsible for all activities involved with the process of bringing a successful product line to market in a timely and profitable manner. Review progress continually through product life cycle to ensure attainment of objectives.
- Collaborate constantly and consistently with Design, Development and Planning counterparts fostering clear, open communication and transparency.
- Introduce newness and freshness with in their range focusing on commercial product that is built to keep our raving fans happy as well as the opportunity to bring new fans to the brand.
- Adhere to seasonal calendar always hitting deadlines.
- Strong focus on maintaining cost targets, sku targets and sampling responsibly.
- Present product line to both internal and external audiences when needed, including but not limited to, sales meeting presentations, customer meetings, trade show presentations, etc.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in design translation, product and material knowledge and costing.
- Strong understanding of footwear construction, materials, and the product creation life cycle.
- Seasoned project manager and problem solver – ability to manage complex product launches. Project management experience is
- Experience in Centric is strongly preferred.
How We Take Care of our People!
We offer a fun and dynamic workplace with a robust benefits package that currently includes 100% paid medical premium for employees, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan with employer match, Long Term Disability, Life, and a generous amount of PTO. Fresh organic fruit and juices, wellness challenges, and celebrations abound, including Australia Day! You receive free shoes each season, and receive a seriously deep discount on our products, because you will want more!Vionic Group LLC2019-02-San Rafael CA 94903 4040 Civic Center Drive