The Director of Pricing will lead the pricing optimization strategy within the banner. Charged with implementing merchant pricing strategic intent to maximize sales and profits within FTL, KFL, SIX02. They will lead and develop a dedicated pricing team – carrying out supervisory responsibilities based on a measurable ROI.
- Lead and implement technology implementation to support optimization across all channels (store & digital)
- Analyze current and historical results of pricing activity to identify opportunities, develop ideas, and make recommendations for optimal pricing performance to the merchant team
- Manage the pricing tools – work closely with the data management team to continually improving & evolving the models and process. Analyze price override reporting and research abnormal markdown charges
- Leads flawless execution of promotional markdowns and base pricing.
- Strong analytical skills creative problem solver that can run analyses on large data sets, build complex analytical models sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- Coordinate with merchant team and store operations to develop and maintain systematic pricing rules and strategies
- Develop and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operations of the department – using open feedback to track team performance
- Provide support and analyses on ad hoc projects
- Drive change in the company best methods and be a resource for strategic pricing process / enhancements.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel (ie. pivots, macos, nested formula building)
- Advanced knowledge of querying, integrating and aggregating large data sets
- Experience in retail pricing, statistical analysis or trade spend effectiveness
- Knowledge with the mainframe Merchandise Pricing System and Next Gen application
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage priorities, projects and tasks
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management
- Highly motivated individual who holds self-accountable for achieving established performance objectives. Forward thinker.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience