This position is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Sales along with the appropriate other members of the sales team with planning and sell thru analysis across strategic wholesale accounts, our own retail stores, and our direct to consumer digital business by performing the following duties.
This role is the partner for our commercial revenue leaders of wholesale, of digital, and of own retail. This person must provide the in-depth analysis that insures retailer plans are aligned with our wholesale plans, that our imports yield our wholesale plans, that plans are created so as to capture growth and demand yet insure a degree of “relative market scarcity” is always maintained.
This person will be the partner to the commercial channel revenue generators (VP of sales, VP of Digital, Director of Retail) and the “chief” source of plan validation and alignment at the account level as well as for digital and own retail. This person should have the potential as business develops to create a support team for wholesale team so as to facilitate all account planning and interaction with strategic retailers planning roles.
- Have the capacity to manage a staff of retail analysts based on growth needs who may have a specific focus (ie strategic accounts, retail, digital, other than USA region.)
- Work with VP of Sales to insure all retailer plans are aligned
- Interact with import staff to insure imports yield productive wholesale results and minimize excess inventory
- Interact with own retail team to plan selling and inventory so as to reach budget objectives
- Interact with Digital team to plan selling and inventory so as to reach budget objectives
- Works with key Account Sales team to achieve sales, margin and inventory goals through assortment strategy.
- Works with Key Account Sales team to review weekly sales results. Determines the best allocation strategy to distribute inventory to each store to effectively manage sales and margins.
- Works with Key Account team to analyze store inventory at the style size level, identify over and under performers and provide suggestions to improve.
- Works to maintain detailed data and excel sheets that contain style plans by doors and ensure that when orders come in, all match to original door strategy.
- Works closely with buying teams to help manage sell in, sell thru and inventory.
- Works closely with teams to monitor stock levels by door, door selling.
- Manages all bulk orders to insure key accounts will be in core business through the season.
- Participates as an active member of the Strategic Accounts team including group meetings, phone calls, sales meetings, regional show as requested or needed.