Territory: Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Southern New York, NYC Boroughs
Since 1946, Minnetonka has been a staple of American style. As post-war Americans took to the highways exploring the country’s natural beauty, they stumbled upon resorts and souvenir shops carrying traditional handmade goods. And in the process, rediscovered America’s original footwear in Minnetonka moccasins.
Today, our products can be seen all around the world—from the Boundary Waters of Minnesota to the streets of New York, London, and Tokyo. No matter the footprint, all are made with the same uncompromising craftsmanship using only the finest quality materials. Minnetonka continues to define American culture with classic design that is forever connected to our natural, free-spirited heritage.
We are launching a search for an Independent Sales Representative to service existing accounts and establishing new accounts in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Southern New York, NYC Boroughs
- Sell and promote the sale of Minnetonka Moccasin in the territory to existing account base and new businesses.
- Travel the territory making periodic sales and service appointments with new and existing accounts.
- Exhibit and explain product knowledge in a retail buying setting.
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of different components and different applications for footwear.
- Achieve retail presence by attaining targeted percentage of shelf space and targeted percentage of sales volume.
- Be familiar with retailer inventory levels and drive business adjustments as required.
- Ensure POP and merchandising pieces are placed and properly exhibited.
- Analyze the market trends and communicate patterns to corporate office.
- Conduct clinics to ensure retail associates are familiar with Minnetonka Moccasin product and have the ability to successfully represent the brand so that they can adequately sell to consumers.
- Represent Minnetonka Moccasin during appropriate national and regional trade shows.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or related experience.
- Minimum 3 years wholesale and/or retail experience, footwear preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and complete follow through.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and time management.
- Solid computer skills with all Microsoft applications including Excel and Outlook.
Qualified and interested candidates please provide cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.