The Ideal Candidate
The Director of Sales for Apparel and Accessories will provide leadership and initiative in launching Johnston & Murphy’s apparel and accessories into the wholesale sales distribution channel. This executive will work closely with the wholesale leadership team, as well as with other J&M functional areas in product, marketing and retail to ensure a collaborative and cohesive approach to marketing J&M apparel and accessories.
How You Will Make an Impact
• To take the lead in developing distribution strategies and customer relationships that will optimize the J&M apparel and accessories wholesale launch
• To take a leadership role in targeting and communicating the brand’s positioning and consumer advantages to strategic key accounts to ensure successful placement of the product line
• To collaborate with the VP Wholesale in developing sales strategies for the launch and subsequent growth consistent with company objectives.
• Provide input and feedback to the product development and marketing teams regarding product needs, competitive product and pricing strategies, and marketing tactics
• Work with VP Wholesale and marketing team to develop trade show participation and strategies
Experience and Skills You’ll Need to Have
• 4 year college degree; advanced degree desirable
• Minimum of ten years direct sales experience with emphasis on partnering with key independent and major retail accounts
• A background in men’s apparel as well as men’s accessories preferred.
• Ability to travel extensively
• Proven record of accomplishment in successful sales/product management/business and building, as well as industry knowledge.
• Strong relationships with mens apparel and mens accessories leaders in mid-level and higher-end markets
• Outstanding business acumen and knowledge of the mens apparel and accessories market.
• Excellent negotiator
• Strong work ethic, hands on style, resilient
• High integrity and ability to work effectively within a framework of financial and operational controls
• High energy
• Committed team player with a collaborative management style
• Outstanding leadership capabilities with a strong results orientation
• Market/customer orientation
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Self Motivated