Eastbay, a Footlocker Inc. company and a leader in Performance gear & Athleisure wear is going through a Revolution. We serve the dedicated, the driven, the focused, the elite. Those who lift through the burn, those who hit the wall and keep running, those who keep training, working, and striving. Those who won’t let their team down. We’re looking for game changers. For sports addicts and competition lovers. This is your chance to work with people who share your passion for winning.
We are looking for a dynamic, analytical, strategic leader to be our Senior Director of Sport Category Management & Digital Marketing. This position is based in Wausau, WI which is the E-Commerce Headquarters for the Foot Locker Corporation.
The core responsibility of the Director is to provide leadership and drive tangible results for Eastbay’s multi-category business with specific focus on demand generation & conversion on all Digital marketing channels profitably. They will work with customer segments and digital channels to ensure targeted marketing. and ensure the long-term strategies for the brand categories are developed and executed to meet company goals.
As well as provide direct supervision of the Category Marketing Managers and oversight of the Category Strategists, coordinators and support staff. The Director will also have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with our brand design, performance marketing, partnerships & activation, sales, business insights, and finance teams.
- Creates and drives brand and product demand by leading the planning and execution of innovative multi-channel marketing plans (brand, partner, and product). Develops the continuous improvement of the multi-channel marketing planning process (brand, partner and product).
- Encourages new ideas and delivers new avenues for growth.
- Leads & Directs a team of Category Marketing Managers who sustain collaborative working relationships with brand account managers, category teams, buyers, and multi-channel representatives to optimize cross channel marketing as well as merchandising initiatives.
- Lead all digital marketing initiatives including SEO, SEM, email marketing, digital partnerships, retargeting and marketing automation.
- Participates in vendor pre-lines and final lines to understand the assortment and help ensure key marketing stories are communicated effectively to consumers. Works closely with buyers and vendor account managers to provide strategic merchandising stories that align with key buys, seasonal sports, and consumer trends.
- Reviews market research and available internal reports to anticipate trends and competitive actions, and translate evolving needs of athletes into new marketing initiatives
- Responsible for top and bottom line growth of our Acquisition and Retention programs to achieve sales, ROI and total contribution goals.
- Develop and manage all CRM touch points including direct marketing, email marketing, retention strategies, and new customer acquisition initiatives.
- Drive testing, reporting, optimization and analysis on Channel performance to identify key levers and opportunities for improvements.
- Develop and execute the ecommerce strategy, including mobile app experience, defining the digital customer experience and align with brand tone and voice.
- Support development of content creation across digital channels.
- Manage multiple budgets and supervise digital media integration into broader brand traffic/sales awareness /initiatives.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current and emerging trends in digital marketing, mobile marketing, technology, fashion and ecommerce.
- Define metrics and analyze campaign success, track and forecast user growth and engagement
- Be the digital gate keeper of the brand experience
- Direct, inspire and develop marketing teams to cultivate creative and marketing abilities, innovation and cohesiveness within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive digital management, marketing or related experience in a retail, digitally led direct to consumer or athletics environment
- Experience overseeing a sports marketing category in a digital environment, highly preferred
- Ability to analyze metrics and problem solve leveraging data including building complex Excel, Access/SQL models that help in optimization of ROAS; highly preferred
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen, analytical mindset, strategic thinker; ability to manage a dynamic staff of category managers
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Technology Savviness
- A successful track record of building data-driven strategic plans
- Ability to be organized, detailed and flexible while working in a creative, fast paced environment