The Strategic Accounts Manager position is responsible for managing assigned major accounts including national retailers, department stores and specialty chain accounts. This position is responsible for optimizing sales to existing accounts via controlled sell-in, inventory management and controlled sell-through. The Strategic Account Manager will develop strong working relationships with account merchants, buyers, assistant buyers, planners and decision-makers ensuring they receive the attention, education, service and product needed for successful growth by performing the following duties.
- Attains sales and profitability objectives by selling product lines to assigned accounts.
- Achieves other assigned goals (e.g. Total Pre-booking orders, Total Pre-season orders etc.)
- Maintains and penetrates existing accounts by selling additional volume and new product lines.
- Manages the sales process, including: sales forecasting, order planning and account review with existing accounts, product assortments, marketing and sell-through program execution, account education on products, new account identification/conversion, and account management tasks.
- Creates and negotiates business plans for major accounts to optimize product opportunities. Uses expert sales knowledge in consulting accounts on open-to-buy plans, and analyzing flow of receipts, turnover, gross margins, and other business data.
- Develops strong relationships with account buyers and decision-makers to establish a long-term relationship between Birkenstock, USA and accounts.
- Works with Strategic Accounts Store Merchandising to optimize account location visits, merchandising product stock and to assess need for clinics/trunk shows to educate retailers on Birkenstock, USA products and philosophy.
- Provides excellent communications both externally and internally with Birkenstock, USA partners. Understands, communicates and leverages service visit information back to Birkenstock, regarding customer feedback, trends, competitors, marketing, and any other relevant information.
- Visit accounts a minimum of one time per selling season and as necessary. Understands impact of accounts and communicates accordingly.
- Responsible for developing Marketing Plan. Manages budget for marketing and advertising for assigned account(s). Tracks advertising and promotions and servicing per account.
- Plans, executes, and leads Buy Meetings
- Develops and manages expenses to budget.
- Travels territory in most effective, cost efficient way.
- Participates as an active member of the Sales team, including: group meetings, phone calls, sales meetings, regional shows as requested or needed.
- Keeps current on all new company product offerings and product changes within assigned product lines.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.